Anvil X Transforms Tableau Dashboards
What are we releasing?
Tableau is a powerful data visualization tool used by thousands of businesses and individuals around the world to build dashboards.
With Anvil X, you can transform your Tableau dashboards into interactive data tools using only Python. Get more out of your dashboards by building custom extensions to write back to data stores, run machine learning models and much more.
Anvil X empowers Python developers to turn read-only Tableau dashboards into powerful tools. Good dashboards provide insights. The best dashboards incite action.
What can I use it for?
You can build all kinds of extensions to level up your Tableau dashboards.
Examples of current use-cases:
- Update Salesforce opportunities immediately from a “stale opportunities” dashboard
- Provide a user interface to sophisticated machine learning models
- Develop tools to create bottom-up sales forecasts
- Flag, review and resolve suspect transactions entirely from within a dashboard
- Manage and monitor material variances, capturing key explanations to improve future forecasts
Why use Anvil X?
Simply put, Anvil X transforms Tableau dashboards into interactive tools. You can design your extension with the drag-and-drop editor, define your extension’s behavior using Python and ship it instantly - no need to setup or configure servers.
Anvil X comes with all of Anvil’s out-of-the-box features including:
- User authentication and management
- Real-time logging and error handling
- Built-in integrations with Google, Facebook and Microsoft services
- Git version control
- And much much more…
Anvil X will empower developers to build innovative and powerful Tableau extensions quickly and easily.
Get started right now
Ready to give Anvil X a try? We have a number of resources available to help you get started. Check out our documentation to learn how to use Anvil X and ask questions on the Anvil Community Forum. Want to dive right in? Try one of the 3 tutorials below:
- Annotate Your Data: You’ve got a dataset, and you’d like to make comments. For example: Why are sales so slow in Nevada this quarter, and who has been assigned to investigate?
- Override Tableau Data: A Tableau dashboard with an extension for overriding data built with Anvil X
- Salesforce Writeback: You’ve got a sales dashboard displaying data from Salesforce, but you want to take action - for example, by updating or reassigning opportunities - right in the dashboard.
More about Anvil
If you’re new here, welcome! Anvil is a platform for building full-stack web apps with nothing but Python. No need to wrestle with JS, HTML, CSS, Python, SQL and all their frameworks – just build it all in Python.
Get Started with Anvil
Nothing but Python required!
Seven ways to plot data in Python
Python is the language of Data Science, and there are many plotting libraries out there.
Which should you choose?
In this guide, we introduce and explain the best-known Python plotting libraries, with a detailed article on each one.