A lot has happened in Anvil in the last month, here are the highlights:
1. Building Y Combinator Startups in Anvil
How fast can you build a startup? We built full, working versions of two startups from the famous incubator - in just an hour or two each. See how easily you can build a startup with Anvil:
- Pay for your parking with a smartphone (Meter Feeder, YC Summer 17)
- A personal assistant for everyone - text a concierge and let them do it all for you (Magic, YC Winter 15)
2. New Learning Centre
We’ve reorganised the Anvil documentation, and added a bunch of new how-to guides to our “Cookbook” section. Did you know…
- How to use Matplotlib with Anvil?
- How to use the the GitHub REST API?
- How to drive a DropDown from a data table?
- That the Users service can be heavily customised?
Find all these and more at anvil.works/learn.
3. Do more with Anvil
We’re always making Anvil better. Here are some little improvements you might not have seen:
We’ve made it even easier to download files from your Anvil app. You can set the
urlproperty of a Link component to any Media object, even a temporary one.
Two-factor authentication - secure your access to the Anvil IDE by enabling two-factor auth on your account today. (Open the Anvil editor and choose My Account)
Customise your Stripe credit card form - you can now set an
4. Show and Tell in the Anvil forums
See what other people have built, and share your own apps, in the Anvil forums. Ask questions, get help, and get inspired.
I look forward to seeing you there!