šŸ‘‹ Introduce yourself!

Hi All,

My name is John Zabula, a C# developer, from Botswana Africa.
I am new in Anvil and interested in NLP. I want to learn how to create application in Anvil while integrating AI. I will need a hand in this journey.

I hope someone can point me in the right directionā€¦

Regards
John

1 Like

Hello all,

I am a geologist from the days when the Flat Earth Society was credible (still is?). Started out working with a Univac 1106ā€¦ punched cards anyone? Progressed through iterations of hardware ( Wang 2200, Interdata 8/32, 4/86, PCsā€¦) and software ( Assembler, Fortran, Unix/C, pascal, Web2py/python ). I stumbled upon Anvil by reading a Python Weekly article: Learn the Python Anvil Framework https://pythonanvil.com/ .

Anvil is an amazing tool! I use it to build personal apps that I use daily (links, how-tos, todos, shopping) and apps for local hiking clubs. Simple stuff compared to what many forum members do, but I have a knack for making everything much more complex than required! Thank-you so much Anvil creators and staff for this wonderful product. Kudos as well to the creators of anvil-extras/labs which I use extensively, and to all the helpful contributors to this forum.

Cheers,
Bob
(I live in Deep Bay on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada)

3 Likes

Hello Anvil community, Iā€™m from India which is land of Gurus and pursuing my bachelorā€™s at Computer Applications and wanting to learn about how to build website with Python and fall in love with anvil editor.

3 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m from Las Vegas. I came from a Engineering background (university), but left for 10 years to do internet marketing which was very lucrative at the time, but became too saturated in the space I was in, so transitioning my career to being a coder. I chose anvil after looking into different frameworks for 1 week because I liked the ideology of it, and seemed to be the fastest platform to get some live apps to show recruiters for a coding job. I plan to be self taught the whole way to landing a job. You can check out my list of apps here: @conraddonovan | Linktree . I have never used python before I started about 6 weeks ago, and havenā€™t written a line of code in 10 years. My future plans are to style my apps a bit using CSS then, do a ML project.

2 Likes

Hey everyone!
Itā€™s about time I introduced myself! My name is Cameron Palazzolo and I am based out of Toronto, Canada. Iā€™m a Junior Consultant and Developer at a tech consolidation that is the parent company of an expanding portfolio of IT solution companies from around the world with expertise in cybersecurity, cloud, consumption-based IT, and managed services.

My main day to day (aside from slide decks and weekly financial updates) is automating internal processes and building tools that improve the efficiency and flow of the office. I found Anvil just over a month ago and it has truly changed and elevated the work I am able to do. With a background in computational mathematics, no other coders in office and absolutely no prior experience with web development I constantly struggled to find an efficient way to deploy my code. Then I found Anvil, using the basic free plan (I will definitely be upgrading soon) I have been able to build and deploy my code in an easy and concise manner so that people with no background in code are able to easily use my tools.

Anvil and itā€™s community have truly been game changers for me, so thank you to the Anvil Team and everyone who has answered my questions!!!
Probably be seeing me posting on the Q&A soon enough lolā€¦

Until then,
Cameron

4 Likes

Hello everyone,

Iā€™m Matthew and Iā€™m in the USA. I currently do Tech Support at a large university and Iā€™m looking to get out of it or at least move more towards sys admin/dev ops type environments. I am currently learning what Anvil can do and will potentially use it to create a reservation system for some of our rentable assets.

I donā€™t recall how I came across Anvil, but I enjoy its interface.

Warm Regards!

4 Likes

Iā€™m Baylei, just stepping into the world of development. Iā€™ve heard a lot about Anvil and Iā€™m super stoked to dive deep and learn with it.

4 Likes

Hello everyone,

Iā€™m a 45-year-old guy from Normandy, France, and I work in technical support.
I have a passion for WW2 and History. I love software development and recently discovered the incredible world of Python and Anvil. Iā€™m excited to join this forum and become part of this vibrant community.
Looking forward to sharing and learning

A bientƓt

5 Likes

Hi, I am Romy presently living in Thailand but would be going back soon to my home country, the Philippines, to see how I could leverage Python + Anvil to help our poor Filipino farmers especially getting as much information as they would need to have a more profitable farming enterprise. I have been dabbling with different web frameworks of late to put my ideas into a web app but found the going rough with Django and Flask, until I run into Anvil. With Anvil and what little I have with Python, I think my chances have greatly improved. I look forward to interacting with Anvil experts here when I run into some ā€˜hard nuts to crackā€™, so the saying goes.

7 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Using anvil uplink with google colab argparse

Hello everyone, I am Eitan and I live in Vancouver, Canada. I am making a calculator and I am experiencing a bug (I think) in my work. Could anyone help me?

Go Canucks :canada:! Welcome!

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Please create a new post with any question you have. No one will answer questions in this thread.

Here is How to ask a good question

1 Like

Hi everyone! My name is Mats and I work as a Research Associate for Laterite. Iā€™m currently developing a Slack integration that helps us track our time better and improve project resourcing. Looking forward to learn more about Anvil as I go.

2 Likes

Couldā€™ve sworn I did this years ago but I guess I didnā€™t. Yā€™all have seen me in the forums but hereā€™s my story.

Iā€™m based in Toronto.

I was trained as an environmental engineer and started my programming journey using MATLAB to run simulations and data processing scripts. Once I finished school, I realized that you had to pay for MATLAB and slowly learned Python to do my data analysis work. I eventually used this skill to pivot into a data analyst job, and a few years later transitioned again into a software Product Manager job.

I discovered Anvil in 2021/2022 - donā€™t remember how. All I remember is that I was looking to build web apps with Python, and I wasnā€™t satisifed with Streamlit. The first thing I did with it was build an app that connected to my Notion workspace and scheduled my tasks each day. That app still works to this day (and I will be commercializing it soon).

Anyway, I loved using Anvil so much that I eventually quit my job to build MicroSaaS products full time. The juryā€™s out on whether that was a responsible decision! Anyway hereā€™s my website https://dreambyte.ai

3 Likes

Iā€™m near Toronto too :canada: and also started with MATLAB. What a small and Python-thankful world.

Belated welcome!

1 Like

Here in NJ and starting with Anvil again. I made an app that ran for years and then the financial strain ceased to make sense. But I am back to get the app going again and to help brush up on my Python skills. Happy to be back because I have a number of ideas that Anvil will be perfect for

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Putting app on internet

Hi Everybody,

my name is Pieter ter Doest and I am new on this Forum. I have been programming two Anvil apps in the last weeks/months. Anvil is great, I love how you can use Pandas, Plotly, user logins etc (I am currently on the personal plan but thinking about the professional plan), run it, and that app is then instantly online with an URL! Great stuff.

Thanks, Pieter

2 Likes

Hi I am Abhinna Devkota from Nepal If you want specifically what is Nepal it is ā€œThe homeland of Mt.Everestā€ I an 13 years old and study in grade 7, i started posting here since the last few days and I love the community :grinning: :sunglasses:

3 Likes