Did you know that web browsers translate your app into your users’ native languages?
This has two problems:
- The Quill Editor (Anvil Extras) does not work with translation.
- The translations are terrible and make your app look bad.
I have chosen to switch it off completely and rather make the necessary languages available in the app myself.
This is how I did it (thank you @stucork for helping me):
from anvil.js import get_dom_node from anvil.js.window import jQuery, document # Inside the constructor of your main app: dom_node = document.getElementsByTagName('html') dom_node.setAttribute("lang", "notranslate") dom_node.classList.add("notranslate") #Add this in 'Native Libraries' #(it is possible this is no longer needed, but I keep it in to be on the safe side) <meta name="google" content="notranslate" />
Note: I did not manage to disable translation just for the Quill by wrapping a div class=“notranslate” around it. It worked for some but not all webbrowser/translator settings.