[Fixed] Issue with Ctrl Clicking Multiple Form Components

I’m encountering an issue when trying to select multiple form components using the Ctrl key. Every time I attempt this action, I receive an error message. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to figure out what’s causing this problem. Here are some details:

1. Specific Action: When I press and hold the Ctrl key and try to click on multiple form components, the error occurs.
  2. Context:
  • Anvil Editor Version: (Beta) Designer
  • Browser and Version: Edge - Version 120.0.2210.61 (Official build) (64-bit)
  • Operating System: Windows 11
  1. Screenshots:
1 Like

For additional context, it’s important to note that the components in question are custom components. Beyond the issue with ‘Ctrl + click’ not functioning as expected, I’ve encountered a persistent problem related to property updates in these custom components. Specifically, when I modify a property, such as spacing_above, in the Form properties for each component, it does not persist. For example, the intended effect is to update the spacing_above attribute in a ColumnPanel contained within the custom component, which, in turn, contains all nested components within. This update appears to work correctly initially in the Form. However, the issue arises when I close and then reopen the Form that contains this custom component: the changes I made are not retained.

Here is an error that is occurring whenever I open this Form in the designer:

[An internal error has occurred] - see browser console for more details
Script error.
[An internal error has occurred] - see browser console for more details
TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'addEventListener')
    at https://oh5unx5gmwbs****.anvil.app/debug/CHHUWTYYTL5F3P7JSHISWM6AON4UOUHG%3D6LKUDOST6ABMCDLWM5YM****/_/designer/designer2.html:3226:44

Thanks for reporting, this should now be fixed.

Edit: note I’m only referring to first post regarding ctrl click. For the second post, could you create a new thread with an example that’s not working as expected?

Done:

1 Like