[FIXED] AttributeError: 'Search_comp' object has no attribute 'valid_syntax'

What I’m trying to do:
Running the app as usual

What I’ve tried and what’s not working:
re-set to previous versions of the app and it is related dependencies, unfortunately it didn’t fix the issue!

For some reason the when I launch the app it doesn’t recognize the attributes of the custom component, however in the the editor the autocomplete recognize the attributes…

This issue start today (last time I worked on the app was Saturday).

I also, noticed in another app (I didn’t touch the code for a while, however I use every day), instated of showing string ( 25,26,27) it shows a list ([’#25’, ‘#26’, ‘#27’]).
Were there any changes to Anvil recently?

Hi @advancedhealthsys,

Could you share a clone link so I can look at those for you. A private message would be fine if you’re not so keen on sharing something in the public forum.

I’ve moved this to bug reports but a reproduction of the issue would be very handy.

1 Like

Sorry for taking too long, here is the clone:

https://anvil.works/build#clone:3NV3G5DCZ56XRTZA=5VYXQJYNLOMKGMTBOAH5QSFZ

Thanks for the clone. From what I can tell it behaves as expected. Can you walk me through it again.

You’re setting
self.form2_1.prop = self.prop

but Form1 doesn’t have a prop attribute. Am I missing something there?

What is Form1’s prop supposed to be? That’ll help me check on the string problem.

it has self.prop attribute:

I have been using the same concept for a while until recently when the issue started…

1 Like

Ah sorry I missed that Form1 was also a component. Makes sense. (trying to open the anvil ide on a phone is rarely a good idea)

1 Like

I’ve taken a closer look and indeed that is a bug introduced with an internal update. We’ll get that fixed and should be back to normal for you by morning UK time.

I’m not sure about this one - do you have a code snippet?

1 Like

that should now be fixed.

do elaborate on that second bug when you can.

1 Like

Thank you so much, it is working normally now, I will check the other app when I have a chance and let you know.
Thank you again, you are awesome :+1:

1 Like