Anvil Extras v1.8

We’ve just released Anvil Extras v.1.8.0 with:

New Features

• animation module - Wrap the Web Animations API around a convenient set of python tools for anvil

Bug Fixes

• MultiSelectDropdown - Fix “Hides menu when component is removed from the page”
7 Likes

That’s awesome! I’ll have to check out the animation module :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Demo of the new animation module (by @stucork):

Clone:
https://anvil.works/build#clone:3M6RLFJ5UCILKPCJ=WE66OGFYKSZYSAC4DXUJHGLF

A preview of that demo app:

animation

3 Likes

Updated to v1.8.1

• has_popover() function added to the popover module
    Popovers — Anvil Extras documentation

• Transition class in the animate module is more flexible for combining transitions.
    Some pre-computed transitions adjusted. rotate_in/rotate_out replaced by rotate

3 Likes

Thanks @owen.campbell and @stucork for the great work you do!

The animation module is excellent!

I’m using it to get a smooth transition between pages when navigating with the hash_routing module.

I simply added “animate(self.content_panel, fade_in, duration=300)” to the MainRouter.load_form() method.

7 Likes

Amazing! Also perfect timing, I just starting to animate things by calling anvil.js :grinning: This is so much convenient… Thanks so much for all the work, anvil + the community really make it easy for those of us who know nothing about web development to build projects.

5 Likes

That’s interesting so does that mean you’re using anvil_extras.routing locally rather than as a third-party dependency?
(since MainRouter.load_form() isn’t available outside of the routing module)

It does mean you’ll have to patch that change whenever there’s an update to the routing module.

I cloned the routing module back when it was first published. I wasn’t aware until now that the routing module was included in anvil-extras. It seems to be left out in the documentation.

I do not really feel comfortable about using third party dependencies. An update may break my production apps and hurt my reputation with clients. I’d rather have control over dependency changes.

I use anvil-extras as a third party dependency for now, but would rather clone the lateste version (or select version on the dependency if that was possible) and then for each new version verify that my apps still work before updating the dependency.

You could follow the Instructions for enterprise users which would give you your own copy of the library which you then manage.

4 Likes

Perfect! Thanks for a clear and well-written instruction.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Anvil extras animate module fade out