Where did the format as code button go?

I noticed some changes in the forum UI.
They are welcome, but I lost the button and the shortcut that I used most: Ctrl+E.
It looked like a <> and it used to be there:

No idea. This is what my forum post editor looks like, complete with </>:

Thanks for confirming that there was indeed a button and it was were my imagination said it was.

But I only have it in the gear sub-menu, and I don’t see any settings that allows to customize the toolbar.

The worst part is that Ctrl+E doesn’t work any longer.

I think it might be a window-width thing. Do you get it back if you close the hamburger menu?

I have a 40" monitor, and the button is gone, regardless of the size of the window.

And I would assume that the button could go, but the shortcut should still work.

1 Like

Everything looking good, if you are not getting then you should clear cache and then check.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have tried deleting cookies and all the browser data from anvil.works, but the toolbar is still missing some buttons.

I have tried with both Chrome (that I use every day) and Firefox (that I never use), and the toolbar is missing the same buttons in both.

This seems to rule out anything wrong on my side (unless Chrome and Firefox are affected by the same who-knows-what). I checked the user preferences (stored on the server side), and I haven’t found any settings that affect the toolbar and the shortcuts.

Are you on a laptop that has a touch screen by any chance?
I have a feeling that the forum is using “touch” as a barometer for which icons get displayed

1 Like

I am on a laptop with touch screen, but I’m in the docking station with a large monitor, and it has been the same setup for ages.

But you are right: I tested on a desktop, and the button and the shortcut were there.
But I tried disabling the touchscreen, and the buttons didn’t reappear.

So apparently discord started checking for something on my computer, either the touchscreen or something else, that it wasn’t checking until a few weeks ago. If it is the touchscreen, I may need to reboot, clear cache, voodoo dance, who knows what.

I will try those things, eventually, and keep the eyes open.

1 Like