Sneaky Anvil Updates

How long has this Quotas section been in the My Account menu?

Pretty sure I saw it in December.

1 Like

Problem is it doesn’t tell you which app is hogging all the resources…

1 Like

that would be really useful.

Wonderful summary here:

Mentioned here:

3 Likes
3 Likes

The Row object shows the value of the first (in alphabetical order) few columns.

>>> app_tables.my_table.get(id='xxx')
<anvil.tables.Row: column1='value one', column2='value two', plus 2 more columns>
7 Likes

Clicking on the help button shows the new help page (instead of the documentation)
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

In case anyone is wondering, this was the moment we gave up any hope of publishing the announcement, changelog update or newsletter before new features get noticed on this thread :wink:

But the new Help tab is handy, isn’t it?

4 Likes

Those party poopers in the forum!

Yes, the new help tab definitely helps (after the first minute while you think something went wrong passes) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Spotted this morning: Mini Code Map!

You can click in the map, and drag it up and down, to scroll the text of the current module, without changing the current keyboard cursor position in the text.

10 Likes

Yes, it is handy.

Shows how unobservant I am, I thought it had been there for ages :slight_smile:

I see there are now a count of all the items found in the search function with in the code editor now

5 Likes

Just discovered a new feature to release a version tag:

Not sure if that is new at all?
Or the difference between select commit and select v0.1

3 Likes

Assuming that your tags don’t move (which they shouldn’t!), they’re the same thing! But if you do something funky (eg via the Git command line), it will follow the version rather than the commit. Plus, it’s more obvious in the Publish dialog :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Today I spotted this at the bottom right of the left sidebar:

Now you can toggle the left sidebar between

1. the old way (pinned open, and toggle by clicking the highlighted panel-selector), and
  2. pop-out (temporarily) on demand.

In the first case, the remaining panes get shoved right (to make room for the incoming sidebar), then left (when the sidebar goes away). On a smaller screen, this can sometimes render a pane unreadable.

In the second case, the remaining panes stay put, and the sidebar pops out as a temporary overlay, hiding part of the leftmost pane.

Each has its own tradeoffs, which work best in different circumstances.

It’s great to have a choice. Thank you!

5 Likes

I see that you now get a red line in the code mini map for lines with errors! Nice little addition - thank you!

6 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Don’t always add README

This might be the most subtle feature I have seen yet and I have no idea how long it has been this way.
When the IDE is in split view, the icon at the top of the Toolbox button changes to show what component you have selected. When the toolbox hides you can still see what is selected…Its Anvil’s attention to detail that I love!

No Component Selected:

Image Selected:

1 Like