Sneaky Anvil Updates

This one is not really sneaky, but the black mode seems to have new colors:
Also the autocompleter upgraded :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

You beat me to it. I just came to the forum for making the exact same post.

I love how we can now easily distinguish a function from a variable.

Edit : You also get the autocomplete in the running app console now

Edit 2 : Anvil now has an option to only show named components in the code snippets.

4 Likes

And I just now noticed that the autocompletion has also been made available for HTML, CSS and Javascript. This is really great!

Thank you so much Anvil Team.

5 Likes

You can now also change the ratio of the Split screen view in the IDE to show more design or more code view. This is very nice! And the location of the Properties tab and Toolbox has moved next to the Design view

2 Likes

Are you talking about resizing the design page against the right hand panel? If so, I can’t do that.
I can resize the left side panel, but not the right. I’ve refreshed everything.

Turns out I had refreshed every IDE tab except the one I tested this on - I can in fact resize it. Nice :slight_smile:

3 Likes

In the new Beta IDE Ctrl + / to comment out multiple selected lines of code puts the # symbol in line with the current indentation instead of at the start of the line which used to mess up the auto formatting when adding lines of code after the commented out line.

I never thought about it before, I just dealt with it, but this is a nice touch! Thanks Anvil Team.

8 Likes

Its the little things that I never thought of that are my favourite little updates… Like this popover that shows the path of the tab in the IDE :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

The new IDE text colors are awesome and make reading the code much more of a pleasure!

Also, autocomplete is looking WAY sharper. Good job Anvil!

6 Likes

yeah, autocomplete is looking great!

4 Likes

And it no longer duplicates the part that I’ve already typed–really smooth.

3 Likes

@hugetim Which is something PyCharm cannot master…

Hi all,

Just wanted to say we appreciate you all noticing the smaller updates we do!

6 Likes

(it would be nice if you kept adding to a list of new things though, so those of us who are not so eagle eyed)

2 Likes

And the autocomplete also pulls up language relevant code like colours!!! Love it!

5 Likes

I see that the code snippets panel has also had an update. Now you can filter by named components or all components. A lot easier to find what you need. Thanks Anvil team

Edit - It seems I am slow to this - nice work @divyeshlakhotia.

6 Likes

It looks as though the autocompleter has had an upgrade and now manages to still provide suggestions even if there is an error in the current row. This used to prevent any suggestions being shown but now it seems to push through.

3 Likes

This is something I just noticed a few minutes ago so this must be implemented very recently but now the autocompletion recognizes the built-in methods of all data types and suggests them. Nice! :smiley:

10 Likes

Another sneaky feature discovered. Now you can group properties of custom components. There are also options for giving them higher property or marking them important.

2 Likes

It seems to be possible now to convert modules/packages:

2 Likes

Note that the Form or Module code (that is converted into a Package) is moving into a folder, named after the Package.

As such, some of its internal import statements are likely to need adjustment. E.g., import policy_queries must become from .. import policy_queries. These aren’t the only “references” that may need changing, especially as you move other things into Packages. But the organizational benefits far outweigh that (brief) inconvenience.