Snake Husbandry Solution

I started building this last year and got tied up on some stuff and finally am getting back to it and updating some of my code. I’m looking for any feedback on layout, I’m not completely sold on my layout yet but the overall process works.

The goal of the solution is to be able to track snake husbandry like feeding, sheds, weights, etc. Then eventually be able to list these snakes for sale in the system and transfer the records over to the new owner, etc.

The primary goal was for it to be desktop and mobile friendly and so far it isn’t bad but I’m just not sure if I’m sold on how I did the Material UI layout and might just go with a more HTML layout and build on that not sure. Any feedback is welcomed.

I think right now the feeds section isn’t working because I’m updating that with a few things but minus that most of the routes seem to work. Curious any feedback anyone has as I continue to get this ready for others to be able to use and hopefully have a solution I can charge for since all their records will be backed up in the cloud and I have a pi solution for temp monitoring and stuff that will communicate to this via the uplink stuff.

You can try it out at https://devball.anvil.app/ with user: demo@demo.com and pw: demo

Video Demo: https://streamable.com/t5681

4 Likes

thanks for sharing! love the project - it’s dying for a floating action button… Floating Action Button

I can only really comment on how it looks - I think it’s a great looking app.

yea I saw your thing on that and think I’m gonna add that to help out with the flow of the app overall.

1 Like

Thanks I’m always pretty hard on critiques for myself, have lots of future plans to make it work and behave better but I do like how it works overall.

Well I had enough people after showing the demo to some snake groups I’m in ask about when is the beta so I made a new landing page today I’m waiting on DNS to replicate on but now I can get people to sign up for the beta while I"m building it then mass email them invites when its ready. Really liking how easy it is to get this stuff build.

1 Like