Sharing authentication among Anvil and non Anvil apps

I would like to use Anvil for things that Anvil does well, like authentication and user management, forms, simple database tasks, and use some other tools for things more complex that require more cpu time or dependencies.

I don’t know (yet) if the uplink will be able to cover all my cases.

Is it possible to get an Anvil app to do the authentication and manage some forms, link to other Anvil apps while sharing the same authentication and link to other non Anvil apps and still sharing the same authentication?

link to other Anvil apps while sharing the same authentication

Yes, this works! Just check the box in the Users service configuration:

link to other non Anvil apps and still sharing the same authentication

This is possible, but it will require cooperation from the other apps. (Sort of the reverse of this feature request.) What other apps are you thinking of building?

1 Like

Hi guys,

I have a main app that opens another app via its url.

I have shared the Users table between the two apps and configured the Users service in the following way in both apps.

Unfortunatley the app that gets called from its url does not know who the current user is when I call anvil.users.get_user(). It returns None.

Could you point me in the right direction here?

I assumed that since I was logged into the first app, that the other app that eventually gets opened, would know me as the current user.

My issue was solved by Share login status with other apps - #5

2 Likes