[RESOLVED] Slowdown and error messages

We are currently seeing a system slowdown and some sporadic error messages.

Anyone else experiencing this?

anvil.server.RuntimeUnavailableError: Server resources not available for ‘python3-full’. If this error persists for more than a few minutes, please contact support@anvil.works.

UPDATE: Looks like everything is back running normally after a few minutes.:white_check_mark:

Probably related: my api monitors register several down and ups on my apis.

Seems to be working normally again the last 20 minutes.

Speed has been very inconsistent the past few hours. Right now it’s extremely sluggish and app constantly fails to load

1 Like

As well on my side, start server several times, slow, not consistent!?

1 Like

Yep just published a app and I am having nother but server issues. Also noticed that the site itself is loading really slow.

1 Like

I have same error message when trying to login to my anvil apps; anvil.server.runtimeunavailableerror

yes lots of slowdown today. @meredydd

Hi everyone,

Sorry about this. We’re aware of the issue, and we’re investigating. We’ll update this thread as we know more.

1 Like

Apps are completly down now.

1 Like

Any updates?
Apps are more or less not usable for the last hour.

We are getting a lot of calls - and I’d like to give them an ETA when things are back up.

6 Likes

Any update at all…? App has been completely unusable for over 4 hours.

2 Likes

We’re aware of this, still investigating and working to mitigate the problem.

1 Like

Update: The mitigations seem to be working, and latencies are closer to normal. We’re still working on it.

1 Like

Thanks for the responsiveness guys! Still seeing slow response times. Given recent uptick in errors - do you guys plan to implement a status / up time page so we can be sure that issues are on our side or your side?

5 Likes

I would like something similar, or perhaps a Standard Operating Procedure on your side where you give updates every hour.
Just something that we can use to keep our customers updated.
Cheers
Boz

3 Likes

Hi folks,

Detective work continues, and this is still an open incident on our end, but the impact has been successfully mitigated for now (request latency has now been solid for over an hour, although I still feel like I’m going to jinx it by saying that), and we have some very promising leads, plus a bunch of data to analyse at a time other than Saturday evening. I think we can say we’re back up.

EDIT: See, this is why I didn’t want to jinx it. Apologies for that bump; you’ll have seen a brief spike of “Runtime not available” errors around 19:10 UTC - but the cause of this incident is now resolved.

I am declaring this incident closed.

5 Likes

@Meredydd:
Hi Meredydd
can you give us more details as to why this happened. More importantly, if you install something new, can we get info about time windows where we should expect outages. This way we can be proactive in approaching our customers.
Cheers Aaron

1 Like