Polymorphic ecosystem view for charities, nonprofits, etc

Here is a alpha version of an app to bring transparency and searchability to the nonprofit / charitable sector. Please kick the tires and let me know how it breaks.

5 Likes

Nice.

So far -
I searched for Oxfam in the UK, then I asked for a list view. It gave me no indication it was working and I got the JS warning from the browser that a script was taking a long time. It did eventually show me the data in a list, but some indication it’s working would be good. it looks like it’s in a tight loop.

Small thing - pressing enter on the final input box on a form should, in my opinion, act as if you clicked the submit button. That may be a matter of opinion, though :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love this idea.

A nice feature would be to have the map view recenter depending on the location of the pins.
(search Australia and you will see what I mean)

1 Like

such a cool canvas animation…

some things that impacted my user experience:

• in the search if you’re calling from a server maybe use call_s instead of call - this will prevent the spinner
  • when I click the within textbox input I think i’d like to see the options straight away… so maybe you can set the input focus event to the same as the change event?
  • maybe buttons should be disabled if they shouldn’t be clicked - e.g. you can’t hit minus if it isn’t already there… similarly if it is already there you can’t hit plus…

owen: immediately heads off to search for The UK Python Association…

1 Like

Thanks @david.wylie! I found the slowness was due to instantiating many objects (sometimes hundreds) in a repeating panel that makes the list view. I have now truncated it to the top 25 - you can filter by text to narrow it from there. It makes it a lot snappier.

1 Like

Ah- good catch @rickhurlbatt. It now taxes the geographic bounding box that fits all the nodes and zooms there first before populating.