PDF Rendering table with multiple pages + adding page of pages

What I’m trying to do:
I’m trying to render PDF from a data grid based table. Base header row and footer are hidden. I’m really using only the repeating panel and additional data row as header.

I don’t know how to make it to show the header row everytime at the top after page break and add ‘page of pages’ in the pdf footer.

This post could help you, or could explain why it is not going to work: Printing to PDF with good header and footer

1 Like

Ok, so I need a different solution to that list.

Would you recommend moving the data from the database to formatted excel file and converting it to PDF?

So openpyxl for excel creation and for e.g. fpdf PDF generation?

I ended up with keeping the Anvil solution and giving up a few formatting details. Then, for that one pdf that happens once a month and takes longer than 30 seconds and times out, I went with fpdf2. Again, I had to give up a few formatting details, because I have control over headers and pages, but I don’t have css and other features that come for free with Anvil.

I reported a few bugs with fpdf2 and they were fixed in 30 minutes (I love working with open source software!). Now I’m experimenting with the beta python 3.10, with custom packages installed directly from github, but this is a low priority thing, I have successfully tested it, but not in production yet.

I didn’t go the excel way because I need to print documents without the risk of user editing them before printing.

2 Likes