Help with a small smart city/hvac project

Hi guys!

Im working with a small “smart city”/HVAC project and i would like to create a page which looks like the image below.
A little more context of the image. The image below is created in a “hvac software”, in where you can drag and drop svg symbols (shown in the picture below) on to a canvas. The canvas have a fixed (absolute position) e.g. the canvas is not responsive. But since the “hvac software” that I normally use lacks ease of use, lacks web functionality and does not use python, my eyes turns to Anvil :slight_smile:

I have been playing around with the xy-panel container and the canvas object. There are yellow, blue and red lines, which for my understanding suites best in a canvas.

The symbols, which is places on top of the yellow, blue and red lines, suites best as image components within the xy-panel. Since the symbols should be “interactive” e.g. they should change color on events, I managed to change the source of the image component. I dont know if this is the “right” way to do it.
Sadly I do not seem to get the hang of it.

Based on this information - do you have any recommendations or tips to help me come further? Any example projects would be much appreciated!!

Cheers
Tobias

I would do this with a canvas.

Here is a vary basic example that shows how to approach different aspects of the job:

And here you can see how to show a bitmap on a canvas, which in your case could be very useful:

3 Likes

Thank you Stefano! I will try it out :slight_smile: