[Fixed] Switching to repeating panel children fails

Since the latest update, editing subforms of repeating panel items is performed inside the parent form. However, when renaming the subform, it seems that the switch between the parent form to the subform doesn’t work.
As it can be seen in the screenshot below, I selected the subform, however unlike other subforms (repeating panel item), the path has not been updated and therefore I can’t edit the subform.

Little update and hopefully an advise for you:

when selecting an existing subform, the name of the subform is displayed in the url. However when selecting the renamed subform, the original name (repeating_panel_1) is displayed in the url.

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting, moved to bug reports.

Not ideal, but after the renaming the repeating panel - doing a refresh of the browser should fix it.

1 Like

Thanks, this workaround helped in that case.

However I experienced another situation where I cannot access both the editor and code of a form (in the screenshot form article_row). This form is nested in the third layer, meaning that edit_order_article contains a repeating panel with the item art_group_row and art_group_row also contains a repeating panel with the item article_row. When selecting the bottom form, the ui jumps back to the second layer (art_group_row).

I think this appears only in nested cases where repeating panel items also contain repeating panels.

Hope you can solve this issue so I am able to edit that code again. @stucork

Thanks for reporting.

Are you able to produce a small clone link that demonstrates the issue?
It will be handy for us to do some debugging :blush:.

@stucork I tried to restructure this issue in a small application, however, i didn’t manage to reproduce this situation.
Is there anything else I could do to help you debugging (screenshots, call, etc.) ? Unfortunately, I can not post a clone link of the app in here.

As a side note - if there’s a form that doesn’t appear to be opening inside a repeating panel correctly - there’s an option to force open in its own tab:

2 Likes

This should now be fixed - let us know if you experience further problems

1 Like