[FIXED] Can't add a new column into a data table

Hi,
I am trying to make make a todo list app. I have already made the design and created a data table. The problem is when I am trying to add a new column in the data table, as soon as I click @Add Text column@

the drop-down list disappear but no column being created. I don’t know how to fix this. I’ve tried resetting my computer a few times, thought it had some internet connecting issues, but there’s still the problem.
Any helps would be appreciated.
Nuchy

Hi Nuchy,

Sorry this isn’t working - that’s definitely a bug. Are you able to open the JavaScript console in your browser and see if there are any errors displaying when you try to add a column?

[Moved to Bug Reports]

1 Like

@daviesian

Hey Ian,

I am experiencing the same issue (can’t create new column in any app). Here is the JS console output:

Same things happen if I try to get around the issue by allowing columns to be auto-generated. That is, I get an internal error and no column is created. Anvil output:

Automatically creating column "user_download" (string)
anvil.server.InternalError: Internal server error: 0e9beaadb60c
at /downlink/anvil/_threaded_server.py, line 308
  called from /downlink/anvil/_server.py, line 37
  called from ServerModule, line 94
  called from tree_viz, line 85

Sorry about that, thanks for the detailed report. Please can you try again now?

1 Like

Thanks for the quick fix. Working!

1 Like

I am unable to add a column in my data table either, nothing shows up in my javascript console, I don’t even get the context menu asking what variable type I want to assign the column. First time user, please help! Thanks!

A fix for this has been deployed, see [FIXED] Cannot add columns to Data Tables