Error on creating new branch

What I’m trying to do:
I’m trying to create a new branch and getting this error:

I am also having difficulties with saving. The current branch keeps on saying that changes have been made elsewhere and it needs to reload.

I added pdf.js as an asset using vs code and git. I think the problems are related to when i did that potentially, although the upload seems to have worked well, as all the files are in anvil now.

Any help would be much appreaciated!

Hi @davidtopf2,

That’s odd! Could you please tell us the app ID and how to reproduce this error if I log in as you?

Hi Meredydd,

This is no longer pressing for me, as I just created a branch and forgot about the old “broken” one, but if you want to have a look, the app id is: MSZVOV55PD356EIZ

The branch was pdf_viewer. You can find it in the version history. Now it is possible to create a branch from it, though. If you want to, play around :slight_smile: (the error obviously happened, as I have picture proof ^^).

Thank you for the great support! It’s a pleasure working with you guys :slight_smile:
David

Good golly - I could open it just fine, but your app is 75MB in size, and the poor thing nearly had a hernia! I wouldn’t be surprised if something had timed out in the load and caused a strange error. I would suggest not including the entire pdf.js source tree in your assets - if you’re going to include pdf.js in your assets, just the single prebuilt artifact will be all you need.

Hahaha, I’ve removed it since and indeed realised I was barking up the wrong tree there… still learning … ^^

I’m now just using an iframe and accepting that the pdf viewer will be the browser’s native one rather than pdf.js. Hoping this is a good solution…

That would make sense though, so happy to close this post, unless you have anything else :slight_smile:

and thanks for the help!

Having said that: I may have found a bug!

As I delete the folder pdf.js the folder is removed, but trying to access the files that were below the folder in the assets list (not those in the folder) what is opened is actually files that were in the folder itself. And on refresh the folder is still there and the commit message generated by anvil is “Deleted pdf.js/web/…” (a single file).

Thanks for letting us know about this! We’ll investigate…

[Moved to bug reports]