Just lost 20 min. of work

I just got an error that said something like “You have made changes elsewhere.” I can’t remember the exact wording. It may have said explicitly that my changes couldn’t be saved or something like that. It gave me two options: switch to the master branch, or switch to “your development branch.” I chose the second one, thinking that was the safer bet to at least not lose my changes. But they are still gone.

The only place I could find on the forum, on a quick search, of someone reporting a similar error message is here:

The app id is 6PVWDILVZB6QDIAE

I don’t think it’s true that I made changes elsewhere, certainly not in the Anvil IDE. But this is a GitHub-connected app: GitHub - hugetim/empathy.chat-tests: empathy.chat tests (The last commit, “Created add_files” was an auto-save commit that does record the very start of what I was doing. I’m guessing that means there was probably a sign something was wrong after that point, but I just didn’t notice it, hadn’t looked at the Version History.)

I was working at a coffee shop with a spotty internet connection.

That could explain a few times I’ve seen this at my corporate office. We do get brief (<3 minute) outages from time to time, usually when a new building down the street is being connected to our internet provider.

1 Like

I have had this happen when I have an app synced to GitHub. I don’t lose the changes though (most of the time).

1 Like