Document Tracker Demo app code available?

Does anyone know if the code/app behind the “Build a Document Tracker with Anvil” demo that is on you tube might be available? I have been trying to reproduce it without success, I suspect I am missing a simple setting somewhere but pausing and reversing the video is not efficient.
Thanks.

Hi @whills - it doesn’t seem to be available on the website…

As a point of note - Anvil have made some updates since that demo project was created and so it’s not unlikely that there are one or two subtleties that have changed…

Do you have any lines of code that are troublesome - or particular time stamps - I’m sure someone can help on this forum.

Stu,

Thanks. Some of the problem might be due to the changes. E.g he ends up with 2 forms. I end up with 5. But I suspect the more significant problems are in my configurations of the data binding. The types of error I am getting are:

Error binding item of instance of Form1.ItemTemplate4 to self.item['name']:
Data Binding update failed with 3 errors.

and

Error binding text of label_1 to self.item['name']: 
string indices must be integers, not str

Hi @whills, could you please share a clone link for your app? That way, we can take a direct look.

(To get a clone link, go to ‘Share App’ in the Gear Menu:

It’s the URL in the middle

)

Shaun,
Meredydd gave me a really good intro and helped me get to some working code. It has allowed me to get to place where I was able to share it with some of my team, make some real progress and encounter another question. I’ll post that in a separate thread so I don’t mix topics.
Thanks all for the support.
Ward

3 Likes