Community Projects

I’d love a place that we could collaboratively work on community projects such as a customer or vendor portal. Things that we can collectively benefit from.

2 Likes

Something like GitHub, but more Anvil-specific?

1 Like

Hi @J11,

We love to see Anvillers sharing their apps and components. If you have something you’d like to share, get in touch and we’ll add it to the Anvil Library.

Apps/components in the Library are in an account managed by us, and they’re accessed via a clone link. So it’s not currently as collaborative as GitHub, but if there’s something you want to make available to the community, we’d love to hear from you (contact@anvil.works).

Alternatively, feel free to use the Show&Tell section of the Forum to iterate a shared app using Git and clone links.

1 Like

I really think an upgrade to the Anvil Library that makes it more like an “Extensions” marketplace could become a killer feature for Anvil.

I’m picturing something accessible from within the IDE, a directory I can search for user-contributed components (or Forms/modules) that I can add to my project with a click and instantly start using them. (For example, two clicks and I’ve added a slider to my app.) And there could be reviews, semi-automated updates, and so on.

Alternatively, maybe I or another user could create an app to serve as such a library of Anvil plug-in’s (without the IDE integration). But in order to do that, it would ideal to be able to have folks log in to that app using their Anvil credentials–so that’s a separate feature request, I guess.

3 Likes

Pull Requests are welcome on Anvil Extras!

4 Likes

Right, of course! I didn’t think of that project until after I posted. It’s actually probably a better approach than the “directory” I was imagining. It’s just two clicks to clone it and add as a dependency…

And now I see that it seems open to pull requests for new components and features, in addition to fixes/enhancements to the features already included.

2 Likes