[BETA] How to add Data Table from another app

I need to add a data table from an existing app in to my new app.

Where is the button on BETA to do this? I only see an “Add New Table” button

This isn’t possible in the Beta Editor yet, but it’s coming! In the meantime, you can add shared tables to your app through the Classic Editor.

What I’m trying to do:
I want to import a data table from another app into a new environment (not the default env.)

What I’ve tried and what’s not working:

Is there a way to import data tables from other apps with the new editor or will this be added later on?

Thanks,

Mark

This is coming in the Beta Editor, but it’s not there yet. For now, you can only share tables with the default database, using the Classic Editor.

5 Likes

Hi @daviesian thanks for the quick update!
Is there any indication when this will be released?

Because we would like to release a Beta environment on two different apps which must share the user data table.

Is there any workaround for this functionality at the moment?

Mark

2 Likes

Hi @mark.breuss,

We don’t have a fixed timeline for this yet, but we will be sure to announce when this is ready in the Beta Editor.

I have been using the new editor and all the new things are positive, very good improvement. At first I see it was slow when displaying tables content but lately is faster, maybe is my computer or an improvement in Anvil side. One thing I see is not present is the option to share tables between apps, that feature is available in the old editor. When I need that I share the table in the old editor and then switch to the new one. It would be good to have it in the new editor.

4 Likes

There’s a related feature request here:

2 Likes

Hello there
is it possible to have a rough idea of when this functionality will be added to the new IDE too?

Thanks

2 Likes

Looking forward to when this is coming out for the beta editor :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just want to jump in and agree that this is a much desired feature (the ability to share datatables in the new editor). Many thanks!

4 Likes

+1 on this feature, sharing data between apps is so useful and features to support this would be greatly appreciated!

5 Likes

Following! We certainly want this as soon as it’s available! The sharing of tables (whether it be the default database or a development database) between apps would be a game changer. Can’t wait to see it!

2 Likes

+1 on this features. Is there a timeline when it will be integrated into the new editor?

1 Like

It will be there before the editor comes out of beta, don’t worry :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Perfect, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good day everybody !

I have recently started testing the Beta editor in order to eventually start using it.
In the classic editor I have used the feature of sharing tables between apps.
I have tried to find the same feature in the Beta editor but I failed to find any way to do it.
The tables I had shared in the Classic editor exist when in Beta and they work (I have changed data in one app and they were reflected in the other).
Is there something I miss? Probably it’s under my nose and I fail to locate it.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi Eternal_Newbie,

Did you ever get a response to your question about the feature to share tables between apps in the Beta Editor? The feature seems to have disappeared when you switch back to using the Classic editor as well.

Regards
Steve

Hi daviesian,

The feature to share tables between apps doesn’t appear to be in the Beta Editor yet. When I go back to the Classic Editor it isn’t there either. I have searched the Docs and Forum but cannot find anything to explain how to share tables in the Beta Editor other than to regress to the Classic Editor but the feature appears to be no longer there. Do you know of a solution?

Regards
Steve

Hi Steve,

I think this is what you’re looking for - in the three-dot menu of the database:

I hope that helps!

1 Like