[BETA Designer] - Can't resize textarea on the form

If I drop a text area control on a form, then try to drag its corner to resize it, it just moves the control as if you were dragging it to a new location.

Please can you make it resize, like the old one did? You can still set its height in the properties panel (and I’m always only adjusting its height).

Give this a priority level of just below “learn Portuguese” of course; it’s hardly a show stopper.

I think it does resize like the old one did.

There is a drag handle at the bottom center of TextArea component.
Dragging this handle will change the height.
This is the same as the classic designer.

I can see how the corner icon you’re talking about is confusing.
In the classic designer, hovering over the text area corner didn’t change the cursor icon.
But it does in the new designer, we’ll look at that.

Hi Stu, dragging that bottom right corner does not resize it on Chrome for Linux, Version 118.0.5993.70 (Official Build) snap (64-bit). It just moves it as if you were dragging it to a new location.

Here’s a video :

textarea-resize-issue

(I don’t think the bottom right corner dragging ever did anything - it’s not supposed to in the designer - try switching back to the classic designer to check. Like I said above, the confusing thing here is the cursor changing icon - it shouldn’t)

Hmm… I’m sure (without being sure, of course) it used to, although I’m not sure how many editors back I’m going.

But if it’s not supposed to, then that’s fine. It’s a non-issue really.