[Beta] Click here to restart doesn't work when running in new tab

Click here to restart doesn’t work when running in new tab.

1 Like

Which browser and operating system is this?
If you go back to the app tab is there anything that indicates that popups are blocked?

Edit:
to solve this - go back to the editor tab and look for the blocked popup warning.
Allow popups - you may need to restart the app.
That should fix things.

1 Like

Chrome in Windows 10 Pro.

I did a few more tests and here is what I see:

1. Click on Run in new tab → the app starts on its tab next to the IDE tab
  2. Drag the tab outside of the Chrome window → you can see the app running on one window and the IDE on another, side by side (which is awesome!)
  3. Edit the app → the Click here to restart link appears
  4. Click on the link → the app window closes and a blocked popup warning shows up (I hadn’t noticed that earlier, it’s kinda hidden on the top right of the window)

Remove step 2 and everything works as expected.

I clicked on the popup warning and allowed the popup to work, and now the app does restart, but it closes the new window and restarts as a tab in the same window as the IDE.

I don’t understand why Chrome considers the popups annoying when the tabs are in two different windows and allows them when they are on the same.

It looks like the action of dragging the tab out of its original window breaks something. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the app console in the IDE keeps logging the output of the app running on another window. I really like to be able to run the app on its own window, so I can see the HashRouting in action, it’s easier to work with dev tools and the css styles are always correct (I am currently fighting with some nasty bug that causes the app running in the IDE to use css styles that used to exist earlier in the session and don’t exist anymore, and makes testing the styles a nightmare; I don’t know if this problem is in the new editor too, because so far I’ve always ran the app in its own tab in its own window)

Great - if that seems to be the fix - I’ll make a note to update our documentation.
(I’ll update my post above so that others coming across this problem can find the solution easily)

2 Likes