Automatic Version History vanished

Dear Madam or Sir,

I think I either did something enormusly stupid or my eyesight isn’t the best anymore. I just checked the automatically created version history and I think I lost some days. The history now begins at 08/21/2020 with a brand new entry of today. Everything in between is gone.

So what did I do wrong? and can someone suggest me anything that I could do to fix it?

Summary:

1. Log In
  2. Without thinking I scrolled to the top and reset a version. I just noticed that the usual ‘saved autmatically’ titles were gone and some more precise title were attached to each version.
  3. Hitting Run
  4. Recognizing an error from way back then
  5. Checked the version history and it started with 08/21/2020

Best regards,

JHBP

1 Like

Hi @jhbp, this topic might help you fix the issue:

Dear Mr. Nguyen,

thanks for your answer. Your linked topic seems to relate to the problem to not see enough of your version history. The ‘More’ button just show’s me earlier entries. What I am missing is the very top - the latest entries.

09/02/2020 is the date of first entry. A seemingly automatic created entry. Which I am okay with. Unfortunately the following entry is dated 08/21/2020. So in between those two entries there should be alot more. The 08/21/2020 version - as far as I can tell - is truly from that date sinces it still has bugs that were already fixed.

Summary:

1. The ‘More’ button works as intended for me
  2. The version history Ends with the latest entry of 09/02/2020
  3. The second last entry is from 08/21/2020
  4. I still miss all version in between 09/02/2020 < - > 08/21/2020; which I believe are automatically created.
  5. My problem still persists.

Best regards,

JHBP

Hi @jhbp, it is quite tricky then. Hopefully some of the Anvil team members help you soon. Good luck

Hello @jhbp,

Have you cloned your app with Git?

With your permission to view your app, could we get the app ID to investigate further?

The app ID can be found at the end of the URL when you’re in the Anvil Editor:
https://anvil.works/build#app:<APP-ID>

Ryan

Good Morning @ryan,

yes I cloned the app. Unfortunately and quite embarrassing for me I did so only after I had noticed the irregularity in the version history. I had and still have alot of confidence in the Anvil Editor.

So I am thankful for your offer to investigate. I would like to accept your offer and I understand that with providing the required link I also provide all necessary permissions for you to carry out the investigation.

Summary:

1. App was cloned after the irregularity
  2. Cloned repository latest version is the same as in the Anvil Editor
  3. Permission granted
  4. https://anvil.works/build#app:D37VQLNGU7MK6PJH

Best regards,

JHBP

Good evening @ryan,

so far I stopped myself from continuing to work since I had some hope that you might know something. My hopes have certainly dwindled. Would it be a save bet to redo everything instead of hoping for rollback to a version that still includes the missing days?

I am still thankful for your efforts.

Best regards,

JHBP