Anvil live stream - Making web apps with Jupyter notebooks

Join us on the 29th of October at 4pm GMT (midday EDT) when we’ll be building an Anvil app, live on YouTube - then improving it based on your feedback and questions.

In this stream, we will take a Jupyter notebook that classifies iris flowers, and put a web front end on it so anyone can use it, using the Anvil Uplink.

How can I get involved?

Simply tune in! It will be an interactive coding lesson and we’d love you to join the stream and ask questions while we code.

Can you show us <feature X> ?

Sure! Post your question or request to this thread and we’ll try to cover it - either this time or in a subsequent live-stream!

This is your chance to request a live tutorial on any Anvil topic! Some examples:

• Can you show us how to build something with an external API?
  • Can you build something that uses input validation to check the user’s input?
  • Can you show us how to integrate a Javascript library?
  • Can you show us how to have multiple roles for <Component X> ?

I’ll also be answering questions live on the stream.

Subscribe to our channel to get a notification when we go live! And if you miss the stream, don’t worry - it will be uploaded to our YouTube channel for you to watch whenever you like.

We’re really excited for the stream and we look forward to seeing you all there.

5 Likes

Does anyone have any questions for the live stream?

Big or small, I’d love to answer them in the Q&A!

8 posts were split to a new topic: Performance when using large tables

I’ll be live in under 3 hours. I’m looking forward to seeing people there!

1 Like

Unfortunately I will miss this :frowning:
It would be much more convenient if the world was flat - no more timezones!

1 Like

That’s a shame. I’ll share the link to the YouTube video after it’s finished if you do want to watch it back.

In the future I will experiment with different times of the day. :slightly_smiling_face:

Direct link to the live stream:

1 Like

Looks like the tech demo gods have grown displeased with me!

Sincere apologies for the lag and tech issues I had during the live stream. I’m going to re-record the lesson straight to video and post it here for everyone to use.

Thank you to everyone who joined me and stuck with the stream. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve re-recorded the live stream this morning. This version includes both the main section, connecting a Jupyter notebook to an Anvil app, and a second section in which I explore improving the Anvil app by adding images, app notifications, data tables, user management and a data grid.

I hope it’s useful for everyone.

Thanks again to everyone who came to yesterdays stream, I’m going to learn from the technical problems and make improvements for the next one.

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Jupyter notebook questions