Anvil IDE Slow when Typing, not Performance/Running

Anvil IDE has been super slow and sluggish when typing. Performance is fine, but actual typing is slow.

I’d add specific app IDs but this is happening across multiple computers, multiple apps that don’t share anything in common. I’ve done the clear storage and refresh trick to fix it but it only lasts around 5 minutes and then it’s back to normal.

Does this have to do with the amount of lines of code? Some apps are just 200 lines with 1 module and this happens.
Is there any way to connect/use a different IDE to write anvil code without having it just for server uplink or get autocomplete on another IDE for Anvil?

Running Version 114.0.5735.199 (Official Build) (64-bit) but I’ve tried others and incognito. Also doesn’t only happen on one PC, happens on any Mac or PC I open my apps on.

APP ID FOR STAFF EXAMPLE: YQFYU3PAOHQVE3DK

Does anyone else experience this? As you’re typing it will be slower as you’re typing and to see it show up you have to wait a few seconds.

I highly doubt it’s a computer or RAM issue as this happens even in a fresh reboot nothing else open in Chrome on a higher end PC and only happens on Anvil.

Here’s a 60 FPS GIF of what it looks like in real time:
ezgif.com-optimize

Yeap that looks painful.
I can’t reproduce the issue (otherwise we’d have fixed it much quicker).

Some suggestions:

1. Try going to going to Look and Feel and turning off the minimap.
  2. Do you have images in your Forms where you’ve uploaded the image source to the Image Component? (if you do this in all your apps the source code can get very large)

If you get the editor into this state, and clearing the cache does help, the next time you do get it into this state you can also get the debugging data:

• go to Look and Feel
  • scroll down
  • click Export local debugging data
  • send this over via DM

Not sure if helpful but I have this happen on one specific server code file that has a couple thousand lines. From what I can tell, it will slow down when I am typing in a way that the editor is trying to calculate autosuggestions, or find any errors. Next time it happens I will try the Export local debugging data idea