Anvil for B2B SAAS app?

What I’m trying to do:

We’re trying to quickly build a B2B analytics SAAS app that has these features:

(a) anyone at a business to login and get authenticated, either via their email or google acct — note there should be a notion of an org, and individuals within an org.

(b) have a simple dialog to get their ABC marketing data-warehouse credentials , say in BigQuery

© trigger an offline analysis process that does various computations and puts data XYZ back in our own database (say BigQuery),

(d) display a Google Data Studio (GDS) dashboard within the app, based on the XYZ — possibly as an embed of some sort (maybe iframe), but it should allow interactivity and updates.

Would Anvil be suitable for this?

Yep!

Flexible authentication :white_check_mark:
Connection to external database :white_check_mark:
Background tasks :white_check_mark:
Hit external APIs check :white_check_mark:
Full UI toolkit :white_check_mark:
iframe :white_check_mark:
Much more!!! Check :white_check_mark:

If you skim the tutorials, blogs, and docs, you’ll get a great sense of how powerful and flexible Anvil is!

Thanks @alcampopiano will take a look

1 Like

Are there examples of publicly deployed apps that were built with Anvil? Looking at those would be very useful

1 Like

Welcome to the Anvil Community Forum!

There’s much more than a Forum here. You can find a wealth of examples under Learn in the menu at the top of this page. Some of these will showcase features of interest to you.

1 Like

Thanks @p.colbert I see walk-thus of web-apps that the Anvil team built, which are very useful.

What I’m looking for though are examples of actual SAAS products (even early MVPs) that real startups have built. Before going down the path of using a specific framework, I’d like to know there are others that have successfully done this without running into issues.

For example it’s nice to see examples of real businesses, as in Bubble.io’s showcase…
Showcase | Bubble

1 Like

Judging from the Forum messages over the last few years, it’s certainly been done.

Suggestion: Use the Search feature on our Show and Tell section, or on the entire Forum.

Or post this new question directly, as a new topic in Q&A. Several posters here have built and deployed such things. You might get a direct reply from one or more of them.

The podcast may be the closest equivalent to a showcase. Here’s the most recent episode blog post, with a link to their website: Fighting for Consumer Rights with FairShake

p.s. I, too, have thought it strange that Anvil doesn’t have something like a showcase on it’s homepage, with links to the most prominent public-facing Anvil sites. Presumably they’ve considered it.

4 Likes