A Help Center for my project

Just wanted to show a Help Center I made for my main project

You can check it out at https://support.geeke.app

This project utilises an organised way of displaying articles on it and is also optimised for search engines as best as possible (pages have already started displaying well on Google site:support.geeke.app - Google Search)

Also, the main reason why I am making this post is that I was wondering if I should share a clone link for a template based on it? It may save a lot of time for someone who wants to build a website for displaying articles, blogs or anything similiar if anyone is actually in need.

6 Likes

Looks really great! I was going to use Outseta for my support site but I’d love to keep everything in Anvil.

The key challenge with maintaining something like this is maintaining the content itself in a user friendly interface. It becomes an app for admins just as much as customers.

I think you’d get a lot of use out of my chatbot example - using the content from the support site to add a little chatbot widget to it (basically supercharging the search bar).

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. I do have a proper GUI that lets you add new articles.

Also, thanks for the suggestion of integrating AI. I will consider using that since your project was really great.

3 Likes

Hi @divyeshlakhotia , I am curious about what you are using for the GUI to add new articles. Do you have a text editor of some sort? I’m looking to build something similar to what you have - a knowledge base site.

Actually there is nothing special for that. Just a simple Anvil app having a text area in which I write in Markdown.

Then when I decide to publish it, it is added to my database using a server call.

1 Like

I’d be interested. I keep meaning to create a blog type site in Anvil but never seem to start. Of course there’s no guarantee I’ll actually do it, but it might increase the chances …

2 Likes

Beautiful design. I would definitely clone it, but I’d probably get just as much use if it was just an open repo on github!

Thanks,

1 Like

Great design, would love to see the source!

1 Like

Thanks for the interest @nickantonaccio @anthonys @david.wylie

I think it’s time for me to stop procastination. I shall be sharing the template for it soon (after making a few changes to make it easier for editing)

5 Likes

how did you get google to index your site?

Using hashbangs (and a little bit optimisations to code)

Thanks everyone for the interest. I am finally releasing a clone link to this app as a free template that can be edited for use as any kind of Blog, Help Center, Documentation etc. It is also optimised for SEO as best as possible (sitemaps are generated automatically).

To create or edit articles, you can use this separate app (and add existing table articles to it)

Since this is the first time I have ever done something like this, please let me know if you face any issues or have any suggestions or improvements on the github repository Divyesh06/Article-Blog-Help-Center-Template-for-Anvil · Discussions · GitHub

At the current stage, I have not documented my code (or included a lot of comments) so making changes to the original code might be a challenge (apologies in advance if my code gives anyone
a headache). For now, in case of any help, you can always start a discussion on Github)

With that being said, I will keep making improvements to the template based on the feedback received.

7 Likes

Thank you very much - keen to have a look at it. We may need such tool as well.

1 Like