Which app is taking up all my data?

What I’m trying to do:
I’m trying to find out which apps are using all my storage allowance. I have 400+ apps and I’m trying to not to have to open each one individually to find out.

What I’ve tried and what’s not working:
I’ve opened a few manually, but if I keep doing that it will take me about 3 nervous breakdowns to get through them all. I can’t think of anything else to try.

1 Like

The only two ways I can think of are:

1. Via direct sql access, which you may not have

2. Create an app which has access to all the tables of every other app and run some counts, which doesn’t sound like much fun

I know remembering (almost) everything is a curse that annoys people. Sorry in advance.

@stefano.menci Opened a feature request, but that’s about as far as it went iirc.

Also a possibly unhelpful method - open 40 apps at a time in their own tab and check and close all those (tabs) that are inoffensive?

It sounds painful, but it will be like ripping a bandage off… erm 10 times in a row.
…but you get to take in-between breaks so, slightly better?

An only slightly more helpful method-
You could write support and maybe they can help?

As a person who believes in deleting nothing ever, I feel your pain.

oops - I shall self flagellate for not searching before posting. Sometimes I just blurt stuff out - it’s the curse of working alone from home - no one to casually exclaim to, who can then tell me I’ve already asked that question …

@david.wylie , I just did a deep dive into the server code to find the correct server call, you could just do this once, or remix the code to make a scheduled task that dumps the info to the logs, or emails you or something?

At least you’d only need to do the copy pasta dance 400 times one time.

Or you could do a massive find and replace using git maybe?

Anyway here is what I got:

def get_app_tables_lengths():

return ({k:len(v.search()) for k,v in anvil.server.call("anvil.private.tables.get_app_tables").items()})

Printing it in my app got me this:

(it calls one of @meredydd 's famous clojure methods to the app tables)

1 Like

:smiley: