What is the process to request an additional python library?

I’m trying to create dial gauges with a gradiant color scheme, some research indicates that dash_daq might be the most elegant solution given the capabilities and ease of use. There seem to be many libraries available to do rudimentary dial gauges, I’m looking for something like this (I believe it is based on plotly):

I think you just have to contact Anvil support or tag Anvil staff here. I believe that you need to be on a paid plan.

Have you considered using Plotly’s gauge charts since that functionality is already available in Anvil? Not the same I know, but thought I’d mention it.

I am on a paid plan, if I can get enough traction - we’ll move to a corporate plan (I have to convince my partners this is the right product/platform choice).

I am exploring Plotly as I’m using their scatter plots, etc., the one thing I see in some packages (and not others) is the ability to do a gradient dial gauge like I’ve pasted above. I hope that is available in the plotly solution… .if so I’m golden

A standard gauge chart is available in Plotly according to a Google result.

If you are on paid plan, send an email to support@anvil.works and you have good chance of success.

I requested a few modules, fedex and I don’t remember what else, and the next day they were available for every user.

Hi @dconnell,

The dash_daq components are designed for use with Plotly Dash. Dash is its own framework, meaning it doesn’t play nicely with Anvil.

However, you can easily make gauge charts using Plotly which we have available in the client-side. Here’s a quick example for you:

1. Plotly gauge chart

https://anvil.works/build#clone:KA7VO6HN7XBEY6PZ=4UF3WAOUE3FN3KQADGWSDACJ

If you need to customise the look and feel a little more, the plotly reference for indicator traces is here.

You can also always drop down to JavaScript, giving you access to the entire universe of JavaScript plotting libraries!

3 Likes

Thanks very much for your prompt response - I’ll look into this.