Weird scrolling behaviour while using editor on smaller screens

First of all, I know that the Editor is not officially supported on mobile or smaller screens, however I often make small to medium edits on the go using a tablet, which gives me enough screen size to see everything and do almost every function of the editor.

The problem is: everytime a click (or the editor automatically opens) any of the lower tabs (like Version history or Running Console) the entire screen “permanently” shifts upward in a way that leaves a “blank” space at the bottom and makes the upper part of the editor (anything from the line of opened files tabs and upward) inaccessible:

So I almost can’t change tabs (inside the editor), run or restart the app or go back to my list of apps.
The way to fix (until the next scroll) is to either open a file from the bottom of the server files or to click in the first dots menu in the file explorer (the menu for configuring components or adding files).

Again, I know that this is not officially supported, but is one of the few problems (the new designer introduced a few others, while fixing A LOT of awful old ones) that I have on tablets, so if this could be fixed, would the awesome!

Well that definitely shouldn’t happen! I haven’t been able to reproduce it myself though - are you able to share a precise sequence of actions (perhaps on a blank app) that reliably cause the issue? Thanks!

1 Like

Sure!

The steps I did on my tablet right now:

1. Create new Blank App of Material Design 3 (not that the theme really changes anything…);
  2. While using the Overlay mode of the sidebar (don’t know if this makes any difference) and the sidebar collapsed…
  3. … Click on Version History.
  4. Done. The scrolling happens.
    To Fix the problem after it happens:
  5. Click on “App” button to open the sidebar;
  6. Click on the “Three Dots Menu” of Server Code.
  7. Done. It goes back to normal.

This happens everytime on tablet or mobile phones.

Edit: The tablet I’m using is a Samsung S6 Lite (Model P619), but this works with every mobile phone (if you want to make it happen to see what I’m talking, not that I want to code from my phone).

Thanks! To be clear, does that mean you’re not able to reproduce it using a normal desktop browser with a really small window size?

1 Like

Not sure, I didn’t test this yet… I would think it works the same, but I’m not in a desktop browser right now to test it. But I will test as soon as I can to update here!

What I can say right now is only what I said before: it happens on mobile or tablet and it happens everytime.

Just tried using Chrome DevTools on a desktop browser and couldn’t reproduce the problem, so it appears it’s only on the mobile devices really.

Thanks so much, that’s really helpful. We will see what we can do!

1 Like