User management at scale

I have an app with a rapidly ballooning user list, and dealing with user support issues is becoming challenging.

Using the Users service, I can reset a user’s password, but with hundreds, soon to be thousands of users, I really need search integrated into the data tables interface to be able to reset the password. I know I’ll need to implement my own Users management interface with password reset support to enable my Admin or Customer Service role users to handle this next, but in the meantime, I’m fielding support requests using the Users service interface.

Even when I implement Users admin system of my own, I’ll have to figure out the reset password methodology, and then deal with another issue: the data grid component found here in the forums seems to load an entire search result to the client and then page through it on the client side, instead of getting a count of records, but only actually loading 10/20/etc at a time from the data table when the Next link is clicked. This won’t work with thousands of users.

2 Likes

Hi Splinter. Did you find a solution?