Unofficial Anvil Firebase Integration v0.1🔥

The Firebase SDK is now officially open source with anvils new github integration under MIT licence.

6 Likes

This is great Mark! Could you open discussions on there, so we can transition our firebase-anvil specific questions to that repo?

3 Likes

Hi Mark.

I created an app and connected it to firestore and the app has been working and saving data and retrieving data to and fro firestore without any issues but today for the first time, i got this error and cannot for the life of me figure what’s causing it:

ERROR: ExternalError: Error: Component firestore has not been registered yet

• at app/firebase/firebase_client/firestore.py:14
  • called from app/firebase/firebase_client/__init__.py:33

They had recently pushed an update to the github library that coincided with this error for me as well. I switched to v1.9 in my dependencies in anvil, and that seemed to resolve it. I also submitted an issue in github.

3 Likes

Sorry if this is a bad question, new to using Anvil. What’s the benefit of using this integration if we can install the custom package for Firebase?

Welcome to Anvil!

To answer your question, you can install a custom package on the server side, but not the client side. Without this library, you would have to play with the javascript library of Firebase on the client side.

Thank you, and thank you for the quick response! By any chance did you ever get to use functions.call_v2? I’m unable to get it working despite passing the correct function url. I’m running firebase sdk v1.9.

@luironson I’d recommend starting a new post instead of continuing on this thread and following the questions guidelines to get the best answers.