Trying to figure out the UI

I’m having the worst time trying to figure out how to use the UI. I’ll change options in the properties panel and nothing seems to happen. It’s the same exact way I function when I use HTML and CSS. I always know just enough to be frustrated. I spend 90% of the time using Google to search for answers.

I was hoping the Anvil UI would be simple enough to use so I could concentrate on programming and not spend 95% of my time on the UI.

Is anyone else having issues like this or is it just me? There’s a lot to like about this product so I’m going to persevere and hopefully it will get easier soon.

Hi there,

I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing issues.

This should not be happening. That is, most component properties will show a noticeable effect on the page.

Can you share specifically which property you are toggling/adjusting that is not responding as expected?

For example, if you place a label on a form, and add text to its “text” property, does the label on the page show the text?

Of course, if this trouble is something you are experiencing with many components, then there may be a deeper issue, as adjusting properties (font size, visibility, background colour, etc…) in the IDE should be as easy as you would expect.

Any details on your browser may also help if there are browser-specific interactions occurring here (although all major browsers should work well).

Please let us know how we can help to resolve these issues.

In my personal experience (having no expertise whatsoever with web technology), Anvil is generally a very user-friendly tool.

Thanks for the reply. Next time I get stuck I’ll jump on the forum with specific examples.