Standalone App Builder

I was wondering if there are any plans for a standalone application to build apps?

There was this answer to that back in May: https://anvil.works/forum/t/offline-form-builder/5163/2

I don’t know if anything has changed since then.

The link you shared returns “Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private”

Whoops, sorry! The basic answer was No, they don’t have plans for an offline builder. One of the Anvil folks can elaborate on why.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

That’s very unfortunate. Anything changed?

I don’t think there is one in the near future, the team focuses on the Beta online IDE.

From my memory, the reason given for not offering offline / standalone app builder is that it is hard to enforce license.

“Local access to the Anvil Editor” is an “Anvil for Enterprise” ​feature:

If you have a need for this (and the resources), you can get it this way–and thus financially support the development of this amazing tool.

Thanks for the link, hugetim. That tool definitely deserves to be supported. I thought of supporting Anvil for a long time ago but I had a couple of doubts about it. Anyway, I’m a lil disappointed that the standalone app builder is not gonna be developed soon. I think it’s a good idea to make an app like that, especially with Standalone features. That’s why I was searching for alternatives and recently have found an app builder that doesn’t require coding. The biggest advantage of that app is the fact that it’s free. It’s difficult to find a good app builder for free these days, so I’m quite happy.

1 Like