Sound advice (moved to new topic)

Hey Shaun - I cannot for the life of me find where you buried the cat sounds in this app. Can you please share where the secret MEOWS live? thanks you!

Hello, we try not to resurrect old topics. So here you have a fresh one.

2 Likes

the only problem with the fresh topic is that Shaun (the OP) may never see the question…

But I ended up posting a job for this on UPWORK - when I learn how to do it I will share with the Anvil Community…

Shaun doesn’t work for Anvil any longer. He may still see this posts, but I wouldn’t rely on it.

This is a forum, and you have waaaay more changes of success finding help if you address the community than you address one single person, and you have waaaay more chances of success if you create a good question with good subject and… yeah, the usual: how to ask a good question or the worked example of how to turning an unhelpful question into a good one.

In this case you are referring to a clone link, so you are obviously referring to that post. But it’s still better to create a new question with a link to the old one than trying to revive old one.

1 Like

fwiw I did clone it after reading the “old” thread and I could not find the assets that contain sounds either.

It did ask me to spin up a python2 environment though, which I did not do, so there was no server module in the clone…

1 Like

The sounds are pulled from the web, via the custom HTML in the CatSounds page.

yes but where is that custom HTML hiding??

Look in the properties pane when you’re viewing the CatSounds form, with the form itself selected. You’ll see a button to edit the custom HTML.

If you can’t find it there, search the docs for Custom HTML and look at the page titled Custom HTML Forms. There’s a screenshot with the button circled.