Sneaky Anvil Updates

I see that data table exports to csv now names the file with the date and table it was imported from rather than just ‘export’. This makes a lot more sense.

3 Likes

Just realized that right clicking the tabs in the Beta IDE allows you to close them all! :smiley:

6 Likes

Now my Anvil Editor has as many open tabs as my Browser (One of them being Stackoverflow of course).

1 Like

Copying and pasting components now maintains the layout if the components are within a container. Copying forms from one app to another is now Super Simple! Thank you.

Edit I Think this has been like this for some time… :thinking:

4 Likes

It wasn’t like that two months ago, when I tediously redefined the layout of a ton of forms and decided to make the DataGridJson custom component!

3 Likes

The log shows when uplink functions are registered, yay!

It is not as good as a dashboard that shows the current status of the app, but it’s better than nothing.

4 Likes

Not sure how long this has been there, but while working on resolving an unexpected “TimeoutError,” I just now learned of relaxed transactions for the first time.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Don’t know if it’s an Anvil thing or an Anvil Extras thing, but now you have the ability to discretely choose which version of Anvil Extras you want to use as a 3rd-party dependency – all the way from v0.11 to latest production!

4 Likes

The tab icons in the IDE now have colour on them even when they are not selected! Much easier to see what is what. This was something I have been meaning to make a request on but not got around to so Thank you! Small things amuse small minds :slight_smile:

4 Likes

There was a request: [Beta] Keep the icon colors on the tabs

They do listen to us!!!

9 Likes

Now you can create a new Folder in your assets in as well! This will definitely help.

6 Likes

The App Logs have become much faster now! Thank you so much for that

5 Likes

anvil.server.disconnect() for Uplink programs. Thanks to @owen.campbell for mentioning it here:

It’s not in the main documentation, so folks are apt to miss it (I did!), but it is in the API documentation here:

3 Likes

I do not ever remember seeing this but there is a new Advanced section in the server docs and you can enforce a user logged in before running server functions.

4 Likes

No idea when they did it but the default Anvil alerts also support multiple nested alerts stacked on top of each other

11 Likes

WHAT!!
That is amazing :grin:

2 Likes

It’s amazing how quickly some people notice these things. We literally deployed that yesterday, and the newsletter mentioning it is going out today!

8 Likes

You’re lucky I have a hangover. I was about to complain about the lack of an announcement :slight_smile:

5 Likes
2 Likes