Resolving [An internal error has occurred]

I was trying to track down a different (related?) error in an app I’m building. In supporting modules, I was building the beginnings of a data dictionary, starting with the types (“domains”).

Obviously, there’s a need to be able to look up the relevant classes. A decorator seemed the simplest approach.

In trying to distill the code down to the minimum for you, I’ve begun building an app to illustrate the error – and come up with a completely different error, instead. Just try to run the app, and you’ll get the error, no additional steps required.

Here’s a link to the app: https://anvil.works/build#clone:VK7SODVHKKRBAUYA=KSZC2RVA4MXG46GZZSWTLJBW

There was no problem until I applied the decorator, so that’s probably what triggered the “internal error”. (Whether this is the cause of my earlier problem remains to be seen.)

I have other ways to register data-type classes, of course. But this may help you produce better diagnostic messages.

Thanks! Moved to Bug Reports :slight_smile:

(This is an issue with the Python parser for our Python-to-JS compiler.)

Glad to help.

Decorator syntax is really just a syntax shortcut, so I’ve coded it up the long way, for now.

Hi, I get this message [An internal error has occurred] using Chrome on Mac OS X and Windows. This is with a very basic app. The error(message) continues to occur as long as the app is running, although it doesn’t affect the operation of the app.

I saw in another message that this could be because of an extension. I can provide the developer console output if that would help. :slight_smile:

Hi!

Could you provide a “Copy this app” link for the app that exhibits this problem, so we can try it for ourselves? (You can find it in the Publish dialog). If you want to keep the app private, you can email it to us at support@anvil.works

I get that if I have added Javascript somewhere that has an error in it.

Just to follow up on this. It’s likely some extension that I’m using in Chrome is causing it. I don’t get the error in a ‘virgin’ Firefox or in Edge (even though it’s unsupported). So for me it’s purely a cosmetic console error as it doesn’t affect the workings of projects I’m working on.