[RESOLVED] My app is no longer loading :S

What I’m trying to do:
My app has been loading well, but just now the app is not loading for me or for Jay for several minutes (10+). The main app is running off an older, stable branch that I have not touched and was loading succesfully this past week, so i dont know what it could be.

Here a loom video showing the issue: Troubleshooting Error in my Anvil App Loading | Loom

4 Likes

Mine is down for me too. I came here to see if anyone else was seeing this.

1 Like

We had a similar problem at 3:17 PM CST. It’s a stable branch, dedicated server, with persistent server active. We are back up and running after building a new image by Settings → python version → add a dummy package.

Persistent server still seems a little slow.

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same thing here. Curious what the options might be.

Non-Persistent Servers.

1 Like

We were able to get ours up by rebuilding an image. Settings → Python Version → add a dummy package which forces a rebuild. Takes a few minutes to rebuild

Our non-persistent server apps are still up and running.

Apps are not starting anymore. What is going on?

Are you using persistent server on your apps?

Yes, always. To avoid longer loading times

Having issues on our persistent server apps. The image rebuild method appears to have worked.

1 Like

We are back up and running after building a new image by Settings → python version → add a dummy package. It seems like the issue is with persistent server.

my word this is frustrating.

Thx frost - it worked. Just add any package and rebuild.

2 Likes

Would be good to know from Anvil, what happend and how to prevent it in future.

2 Likes

My standard environment apps, regardless of whether they are persistent server or not, never stopped working.

My Python 3.10 apps stopped working, and neither disabling persistent server nor adding a dummy package helped.

Our 3.10 beta apps also stopped working. Rebuild didn’t work for us, also took a few minutes to take hold.

@meredydd anything you can do to help pls?

After adding a dummy package and waiting for the build to complete didn’t work. The settings reported the new environment with the dummy package as built, but still didn’t work.

After a few minutes it started to work.

Removing the dummy package is still broken, adding it back it works. So the problem has not been solved, but rebuilding the environment and sitting with patience seems to help.

2 Likes

none of this has helped. I still have major issues and clients are going mad! @meredydd pls can you do something?

NO, the problem is not solved, I can only run the app in the editor - not possible to start app from outside.
@meredydd: I now it is late, but we really need that get fixed - any ideas, what is going on?