Rename a Custom Component Group

Obviously having a tool that allows to rename all the groups at once would be helpful. I like custom components, and I have liked your request. But I see it as something used so rarely that would hardly justify adding a command/tool/option.

I would take a more generic approach, that would improve the overall IDE user experience:

1. Moving the “Use as custom component” to the right panel and keeping the current tab open.
  2. Allowing multiple component selection in a form
    • When multiple components are selected, only the properties shared by all selected components should be shown, and their values should be shown only if identical
    • If two selected components have different values, then the UI should show something like "<Varies>" for texts, numbers or dropdowns, and indeterminate status for checkboxes.
  3. Now that the properties stay put on the right and custom component settings are form properties, extend the multiple selection of components to forms, so multiple forms can be deleted or moved at once, and multiple form properties can be modified at once (today form properties don’t really exist, but custom component settings, form name, startup status and other properties would belong there.)

You are asking for a little tool to solve a specific little problem, and here I am saying “what about redesigning the whole UI”. :innocent:

1 Like