Removing all content on logout

Admin note: I split this thread out from Removing all content on logout, which was resolved a couple of years ago

I know this is marked solved but I am getting an error when I try [neriksen85]’ suggestion. I get a AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘parent’

Also tried owen.campbell’s approach but only got a blank page with no login page.

What I am trying to achieve is to clear the screen of all data when the user logs out. At the moment he closest I am able to get is the login page appears over the top of the last users data. Is there anyway to clear the last user’s data/screen before the logon in menu appears?
Thank you.

Hello @whills,

The solutions above should work in general but sometimes the specifics depend on your app’s particular structure. Could you share a simple clone that demonstrates the issue? We may be able then to help more directly.

In general though, as suggested above, either using self.clear() or opening a brand new blank form should be in the neighbourhood of the solution. @david.wylie 's last clone works to demonstrate a way of doing this.

Hi @whills!

Can you tell us a bit more about what you’re trying to do here? The suggestions in that old thread referred to a particular app (with Cloned source code we could all refer to). It would be helpful if you could describe your app, what you’re trying to do, what you have tried, and how it’s failing! (A Clone link would be great, but if you can’t supply one, then a description helps too.)

(Possibly helpful resource: I wrote a step-by-step example of how to ask a good question, and give enough context that it’s easier for people to help you quickly)