Quote Book - Compiling the goofy words that make you laugh

I found Anvil a few days ago and decided to make a little project where you and your friends can keep all those quotes that you hear and are like, “I have to write that down!”

Let me know what you all think! Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

PS. Yes, I am using the free version because I’m kinda broke :pensive:

4 Likes

I like it! Yay for ideas like this, and for Anvil bringing them to life so quickly.

Your hand-drawn logo made me think of this theme you might like to incorporate: Hand-drawn web apps

Hmm, if you used hash routing, that could eliminate one step from the process of coming to add a quick quote, like if you could just go back to the same link, like quote-book.anvil.app/?#My-Book, and then just type the password. (But folks could already let their browser auto-fill the book name and password to make it quicker to return.)

5 Likes

Thanks for these ideas, I didn’t even know hash routing could be done through Anvil!

Well, after taking a tiny break (okay, maybe a month :shushing_face: ), I thought it would be cool if this idea could be its own standalone website, so I tried working with the Google Scripts to make this little site: The Quotes.

Even so, I could never have done this without first working everything out with Python in Anvil, showing the scope Anvil can be used for.

I doubt I’ll take this project further, but Anvil has really helped this process. Thanks!

1 Like