Problems installing packages in Python 3.10 (Error - Build Failed)

Hello everyone, I’m having trouble installing the boto3 library.

I’m encountering the following error:

Any suggestions for resolving this issue?

1 Like

not sure, but when the package is already installed in full python 3, I get similar error.

I have bought it and the library is not installed.

I tried to install another library and the following error appears to me:

ERROR: Could not install packages due to an OSError: [Errno 28] No space left on device

Error: Build failed

Surely there is some kind of limitation on the hard drive. Can someone please provide me with more information about this? I would like to know if there is a limit on the installation of packages or something similar.

1 Like

What I’m trying to do:
I am trying to install Ta-Lib (TA-Lib · PyPI) into my project as a custom dependency, however I get a build error when trying to build.
What I’ve tried and what’s not working:
According to the library’s GitHub, (GitHub - TA-Lib/ta-lib-python: Python wrapper for TA-Lib (http://ta-lib.org/).) I need to install the underlying dependency for Ta-Lib (specifically TA-Lib C library) – Ta-Lib is a 2 step installation process. Is there a way to do this with Anvil directly or will I have to indirectly access Ta-Lib with a remote call through the Uplink(Anvil Docs | Calling functions remotely)?
Error I’m Receiving:

Installing custom packages...
Collecting TA-Lib==0.4.26
  Downloading TA-Lib-0.4.26.tar.gz (272 kB)
     ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 272.6/272.6 kB 23.5 MB/s eta 0:00:00
  Installing build dependencies: started
  Installing build dependencies: finished with status 'done'
  Getting requirements to build wheel: started
  Getting requirements to build wheel: finished with status 'done'
  Installing backend dependencies: started
  Installing backend dependencies: finished with status 'done'
  Preparing metadata (pyproject.toml): started
  Preparing metadata (pyproject.toml): finished with status 'done'
Requirement already satisfied: numpy in ./.env/lib/python3.10/site-packages (from TA-Lib==0.4.26->-r /home/anvil/custom-requirements.txt (line 1)) (1.24.2)
Building wheels for collected packages: TA-Lib
  Building wheel for TA-Lib (pyproject.toml): started
  Building wheel for TA-Lib (pyproject.toml): finished with status 'error'
  error: subprocess-exited-with-error

× Building wheel for TA-Lib (pyproject.toml) did not run successfully.
  │ exit code: 1
  ╰─> [27 lines of output]
      <string>:77: UserWarning: Cannot find ta-lib library, installation may fail.
      running bdist_wheel
      running build
      running build_py
      creating build
      creating build/lib.linux-x86_64-cpython-310
      creating build/lib.linux-x86_64-cpython-310/talib
      copying talib/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-cpython-310/talib
      copying talib/abstract.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-cpython-310/talib
      copying talib/deprecated.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-cpython-310/talib
      copying talib/stream.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-cpython-310/talib
      copying talib/test_abstract.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-cpython-310/talib
      copying talib/test_data.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-cpython-310/talib
      copying talib/test_func.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-cpython-310/talib
      copying talib/test_pandas.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-cpython-310/talib
      copying talib/test_polars.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-cpython-310/talib
      copying talib/test_stream.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-cpython-310/talib
      running build_ext
      building 'talib._ta_lib' extension
      creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-cpython-310
      creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-cpython-310/talib
      gcc -pthread -Wno-unused-result -Wsign-compare -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -fPIC -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include -I/opt/include -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/homebrew/include -I/opt/homebrew/opt/ta-lib/include -I/tmp/pip-build-env-380qcl1y/normal/lib/python3.10/site-packages/numpy/core/include -I/home/anvil/.env/include -I/usr/local/include/python3.10 -c talib/_ta_lib.c -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-cpython-310/talib/_ta_lib.o
      talib/_ta_lib.c:747:10: fatal error: ta-lib/ta_defs.h: No such file or directory
        747 | #include "ta-lib/ta_defs.h"
            |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      compilation terminated.
      error: command '/usr/bin/gcc' failed with exit code 1
      [end of output]

note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
  ERROR: Failed building wheel for TA-Lib
Failed to build TA-Lib
ERROR: Could not build wheels for TA-Lib, which is required to install pyproject.toml-based projects

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I have the same problem when trying to install boto3.

What I’m trying to do:
Install a package. Package is pybaseball. It is the sixth package in this app:

What I’ve tried and what’s not working:
I receive this error. I am on the personal plan. Pybaseball does come with a good many requirements of its own, but I’m surprised that I’ve tripped a limit with this few installations.

Tried “Retry Build” a few times but no success on any attempt.

Installing collected packages: xlrd, wrapt, tqdm, soupsieve, scipy, pyjwt, pycparser, pyarrow, pillow, lxml, kiwisolver, geographiclib, fonttools, et-xmlfile, cycler, contourpy, attrs, openrouteservice, openpyxl, matplotlib, geopy, deprecated, cffi, beautifulsoup4, pynacl, cryptography, bs4, pygithub, pybaseball
ERROR: Could not install packages due to an OSError: [Errno 28] No space left on device

Regards,
Bernacki

I am getting the same error and I see other posts on the topic. I think this must be a global issue that has occurred in the last few hours.

2 Likes

I have the same problem, for the past 24 hours…

Error: Image size limit exceeded

1 Like

Hi all -

Just hopefully bringing this to someone’s attention. Right now, any new build of a python environment on Anvil seems to fail, at least for a subset of users. There are multiple posts on the forum about this but they have not received any official response yet. Builds that include ANY additional packages are failing with the following error message:

[Errno 28] No space left on device

Any advice on this would be very helpful. Right now I am completely unable to use Anvil as I cannot use any non-standard packages.

Thankyou!

Hi folks,

Apologies for this! We thought we had mitigated this issue rapidly this morning (UK time), but it came back with a vengeance. We’ve now mitigated it harder, and will investigate further in the morning.

Under-the-hood info for the interested: It looks like we’re fighting a bug in Podman, which ought to clear up after itself but…doesn’t. This has the effect of filling up the disks on the build fleet, and causing build failures. It’s exacerbated by the fact that some of the fun filesystem tricks we use to enforce build size quotas are playing hob with our monitoring, so we’re not getting the usual “this disk is filling up GO FIX IT NOW” alerts. We’ve got it cleared out now, and current growth rates mean this is unlikely to recur before we can get fresh brains on it in the morning for a permanent fix.

2 Likes

Hello.
When attempting to add a package, I see a very similar notice to my prior error.
Previously (as shown above), the error was “No space left on device.”
The current error is “Error: Image size limit exceeded.”
It seemed similar enough to place in this thread.
Regards,
Bernacki

Hi @bernackimark,

I can confirm that your error message is not part of the issue described in this thread. That error occurs when the requirements you have specified have exceeded the size limit for your plan, and should be dealt with separately!

1 Like