Organising a meet?

Not thought this through, but maybe we should look at arranging a meet up?

I’m based in Bath, in the UK. I do occasionally venture into London. I’m reasonably close to both Bristol & Cardiff.

Do any other UK based Anvillers fancy a beer?

We should probably try to establish who is where, and where would be a good central place.

And we should probably call it a “book club” or a “conference”, so it passes the scrutiny of the social engagement department.

2 Likes

Great idea. I think Canada would be best :wink: :canada:

3 Likes

For sure - but I can’t make that this year unfortunately.

Canada is on my travel list though.

Or Australia… definitely Australia :wink:

This is a great idea!!
I will be in the UK at the end of the year, so if the “book club” is still going, Ill pop in for a “book” or two.

1 Like

While we’re not planning an official Anvil Conference (yet!), if there is interest in a pub meetup in London, we would love to come and meet you all!

One more reason I should be in the UK instead of Ohio!

1 Like

I reckon that sounds like the start of a hint of a plan.

I’ll check the diary…

Anyone else in/near NYC?

1 Like

Sounds fun! Unfortunately, I think the closest Anvil users to me are at least 1,000 miles away.

1 Like

Mongolia is often thought of in the same way as Timbuktu, ie a symbol of something a long way away.

Maybe an Acapulco conference one day?

1 Like

Well, I might just have to try and organise such a thing, as i think that sounds like a cracking idea.

For those who can make London, does the West End sound ok as a general area? I know @meredydd et al will be coming in to Liverpool Street from Cambridge, and I will arrive at Paddington from bath.

I would suggest Soho Square or Great Portland Street area (I know the landlord of the Staggs Head on New Cavendish Street, an old Telecoms business haunt).

Works for us! (We normally arrive on the fast train to King’s Cross, but it’s easy to get to wherever on the Tube.)

Once you’ve picked a date+place (you might want to bounce prospective dates off us by PM, or perhaps run a Doodle poll), post the announcement as a fresh topic and pin it :slight_smile:

If only we had some contacts within the PyCon UK team. We might be able to arrange something there.