Organisation For Projects

I have close to 300 projects, and sifting through them can be a right old pain. I would very much like :

1. Folders - I need to categorise my projects by type (customer name, forum examples, demos, POC, Dead-But-Of-Historical-Interest, etc.) to ease finding a specific one.
    edit - actually, that does give me an idea for an app, but it wouldn’t be as good as if it was integrated with the IDE.

2. Anchor - when I close a recently opened project because I have the wrong one, it takes me to the top of the list again. Please can it remember where I was?

3. Scrolling - I have to use the mouse wheel to scroll down the list of projects. Page down, arrow keys, ctl-end/home etc. don’t work.

4. Project wide search - I mentioned this elsewhere as well, but I have a specific block of code containing “bcrypt” that I want to reuse. I cannot for the life of me remember which one of my (did I mention 300?) projects it’s in so searching for it would be rather useful.

5. There are more, I just can’t remember what they are. I’ll add to this list when i do.

6 Likes

Thanks @david.wylie, these suggestions are really helpful.