New year, new devs!

Hello there! I’m one of Anvil’s new junior devs, Char, and I’m super jazzed to be a part of the team.
Over the last few weeks I’ve been perusing the forums to get a feel of what people are up to, and have really enjoyed learning about all the different Anvil projects out there.

Just a little about me: I have a BS in Electrical Engineering with a focus in photonic devices, but after working a few years in the semiconductor industry, I realized hardware wasn’t really my cup of tea. I ended up running away to join the circus and trained as a contortionist for a while. I’ve now zagged my way into the world of software and am more than excited for what’s to come.

In my downtime, I enjoy playing games (mostly anything co-op. If I lose, I’d rather you lose, too), making a mess in the kitchen, and looking for more activities to jam into my calendar.

Looking forward to being a part of this community! :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Welcome, that’s quite the interesting path to software!

1 Like

wow! what a life! Great to meet you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @char and welcome.

That’s an interesting potted history. I’m sure the contortionist training will turn out to be useful whilst trying to get javascript, python, html, css, sql and clojure to play nicely together!

5 Likes

Wow, that’s quite a CV :slight_smile:

Welcome to the world of Anvil!

1 Like