📢 New Beta Drag-and-drop Designer

Hi everyone!

We’re very excited to announce the beta release of our New Drag-and-drop Designer! :tada:

What’s new?

Find your components more easily in our updated Toolbox, and quickly edit your components in-line. You now have more control over the structure of your app with our new Components Tree. We’ve also improved the drag-and-drop experience itself so it’s easier to build your UIs.

Read the full announcement blog post to learn more about all the new features: Introducing the New Drag-and-Drop Designer

Get Started

If you’d like to build with the new designer, click Try the Beta to make the switch and check out the documentation to learn all the details.

This is a beta release, which means there might be some issues. As always, please let us know if you have any problems.

We’re looking forward to hearing what you think!

Happy coding

14 Likes

Wow, another lovely surprise from Anvil, the kind of thing that makes checking this forum a bright part of my day. :smiley:

6 Likes

Wow, the component nesting is really needed. I was fighting a component that got reduced to 3 pixels and was unselectable and was screwing with the display. Well timed.

Just a FYI the first time I tried this, the code portion wasn’t loading and a properties weren’t showing, even after reloading. It did work after I toggled off beta and back again.

1 Like

Super cool upgrade. I have just had a crack at building a new form and laying out the components / editing properties was significantly faster and smoother and seeing data bindings right there next to the bound property makes so much sense. Love it
Thanks Anvil Team!!!

3 Likes

Does this mean we will be able to build on an iPad at some point?

Python 3.12, a new anvil editor. So many toys to play with on one day.

Is it Christmas already?!

5 Likes

They could have timed it a bit better - I’m out of the office most of this week until Monday!

Although hopefully most of the snag list will be sorted by then :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a game changer.

It would be awesome to have the component editor show the full css styling and potentially even allow modifying the css for the component in the editor.

3 Likes

I have been away last few days and didn’t tried Beta Designer until today. Pretty awesome!

Congrats to all Anvil Teams, good job! :tada: :tada: :tada:

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: [New Designer] feature requests