Navigation - similar to Anvil docs

As I build more pages and more detail on each page in my application I realise that I need better navigation. The 2 features of the Anvil docs that I would like to include are (1) the indented links to (sub?) forms that appear and disappear as the higher level form is selected and (2) the “On this page” panel to the right that links to sections lower down.

Not sure where to begin with (1). On (2) I have used .scroll_into_view for components but it doesn’t seem as precise as the anvil docs.

These features seem to be fairly standard practice across the web so I was hoping there would be a tutorial or similar on the subject. But I can’t seem to find anything. Does anyone have anything they can contribute?

Thanks!

Dave

(1) seems to be some kind of Tree View. That isn’t a standard Anvil Component, but you could build a Custom Component for one out of an HTML Form and some JavaScript.

In most cases, it’s better to rely on a well-tested third-party tree view library, in JavaScript. Search Google for

javascript tree view library

and see what turns up. There are reviews in that list, which may help you decide.

Thanks for your reply @p.colbert Much appreciated. I’ll have a look today. Dave.